Just Bacon nominated me for a Sunshine Blogger Award. This is a fun little informal award between WordPress bloggers. Go check out her blog!
The Rules for Sunshine Blogger
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to him/her.
- Answer the 11 questions provided by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees by commenting on one of their blog posts.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post.
I don’t really get around to following and reading other blogs, so unfortunately I don’t have anyone to nominate today.
Answering Just Bacon’s Questions
- Who is your favorite comedian?
I don’t know that he is a comedian necessarily, but Eric Voss runs the Youtube channel “New Rockstars” and he is hilarious in his Marvel movie breakdowns.
- Are you a righty or a lefty?
- Can you pat your head and rub your belly?
- The ground starts to shake: what’s your first thought?
So a few weeks ago at around 1 a.m. a backpack fell off a hook in our closet and woke me up. I think I was already in the process of waking up (I usually go to the bathroom at roughly that time each night anyway) and I thought we were having an earthquake. I was really concerned for a few minutes and checked the USGS Earthquakes website when going to the bathroom once I decided the house was no longer shaking. It wasn’t until the morning I realized I had just been woken up by a falling backpack and not an earthquake.
- If you have a pet, what are some of the weirdest things you’ve ever said to it? If you don’t have a pet, what are some of the weirdest things you’ve said to yourself?
A constant refrain at my house is “I’m a dummy!” I make lots of dumb mistakes like putting the milk in a cabinet and not in the fridge.
- What’s your favorite part of your morning routine? (Other than hitting snooze and going right back to sleep.)
I never use the snooze button. In the mornings I wake up, make an espresso, write while waking up with coffee, and then exercise and I love it all.
- Have you ever started your own business? (And do you have any tips for new startups?)
I have not but I have a few ideas.
- If you had a baby koala, what would you name it?
Cassini after the spacecraft that used to orbit Saturn.
- If you had to choose, chicken or beef?
- Which would you be most comfortable doing in front of an audience on a stage: singing “I’m Gonna Be” by the Proclaimers or dancing the Cotton-Eye Joe to Lady Gaga’s “Bad Romance”?
I don’t know what the song is from the first option, so I suppose the second one.
- If you had to choose: Coke or Pepsi?
Can I just have more coffee instead?